If I can travel back in time, I want to be a child again. I spent my childhood in the Philippines, we live in a big compound with three houses where my cousins also lives. Back then, I grow up with my grandmother, because my parents lives here in the USA. Every morning specially in the summer, we will play all sorts of games, from morning 'till dusk. Don't you just love being a child? I love the feeling of being carefree, no need to worry about tomorrow, and of course no bills to pay. Even if I did not grow up with my parents, I always feel grateful, that even though they we're far, they never fail to make me feel loved. My grandmother never forgets to tell me and my siblings that my parents are abroad to provide a better future for us, and luckily in that age I understood what that meant, and instead of feeling abandoned, I appreciate them more. There's time of course that you will feel the need to hug them or see them, and it makes me sad but I know it's even harder for them not to be with their children, so me and my siblings will just always look forward for their calls or those days when they visit Philippines for a vacation. Sad to say, this type of family is very common in a third world country, where people seek job and had to go abroad and sacrifice to be far from their loved ones to provide a better future for their family.
I came here in America five years ago. And currently working as a licensed nurse in a rehabilitation facility. I love being a nurse, for me it's a vocation not a profession. To be able to do more with my profession, I have to get my bachelors, so now I am studying to hopefully get my Bachelor degree in Nursing to further established my chosen career.
If I can foresee the future, I hope to see myself and those I love to be happy, contented and satisfied. But as they say, happiness is not a destination, its a way of life. So, whatever the future holds I lay it all upon to HIM, and all I can do is to do what I think is necessary to have a future that I aspire, live day by day and be thankful.
That must have been very difficult growing up all those years without having the chance to see your parents daily, although their struggles in life were to better yours. I think it's an awesome thing that you have been able to find something that you love to do and look forward to doing day in and day out.
ReplyDeleteYou truly must have gone through some hard times knowing that your parent were far from you guys. But it only made you the strong, focused and determined women that you are today. I wish you the best on your achievements Mary.
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI like the background on your blog alot.
Also, I envy you for finding the job of your dreams. You sound like you have it all figured out and I respect that very much.
Sorry to hear that you did not grow up with your parents. But you seem like a strong person and I wish you the best!
hey there mary! I loved your tittle!! now that's an attention grabber.
ReplyDeleteand yes I completely agree with you! who wouldn't want to be a little kid again!
I find it funny how all we wanted to do when we were little was "grow up" and now that were grown up all we want now is to be a little kid again!
ugh... o well sé-lá-ví?
Hello. You're an inspiration to say the least. You were able overcome very difficult circumstances and better yourself here in the states. I have no doubt that you will obtain you bachelors and more!
ReplyDeleteHello, I love the desire and drive you have to better your self and push to get your degree. Always focus on the future and like you said, live day by day and always be thankful
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHelo, I respect the positivity in which you live your life with, and theres in doubt in my mind you will reach your life goals.
ReplyDelete