It was three years ago when I graduated and received my Diploma in Nursing. Since then I had been procrastinating whether I should go back to school to get my Bachelors Degree. Years passed and I didn’t even noticed that I have been working three years. I guess I’m enjoying my job too much that I did not think of getting my bachelors anymore. What I don’t like about nursing though is that, it doesn’t matter how good you are or how well you can perform your job. What matters is the title you have after your name. So if you don’t have a BSN, it will surely limit your job description and your income even if you can perform the job as well or better than others.
Now I can say, Goodbye Procrastination and Hello! College life. Again. I am taking steps to be closer to what I have dreamed of. It’s not easy to work full time and go to school full time, but it’s worth it. And yes I am proud of how I can handle and manage this altogether.
I feel like since I already experienced working, my goal as a college student has changed. Now I am more serious and motivated because I already experienced first hand how it is “out there.” Before when I was in college in my teenage years, my mom will always tell me “You’re lucky I’m sending you to school and you don’t have to go to work.” I appreciate my parents effort then, but now I can put more meaning to what they always lectures me. Because YES I was indeed lucky then. Nothing to worry about but go to school and study. Now that I’m working and going to school at the same time, I feel really overwhelmed at times and wanting to give up. Going to school is expensive, specially if you’re like me who did not get approved to any financial aids. Everything is out of pocket and I’m too embarrassed to asked my parents for financial help because they already did their part in putting me through a nursing school that cost them five digits! All I’m holding into is that, after all of this I will be able to reach my dream, broaden my options in health care field and I will be more compensated with my job. That’s what keeps me motivated. With all of that in mind, I know I can face my daily 6:30am alarm clock with my GAME FACE ON!

All you need is some motivation to get you to your goal. And with family members helping you throughout the way is even much better.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that sometimes life as they call it can be a little overwhelming at times, but don't give up it will pay off in the end.
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome that you are going back to school to get a Bachelors. Getting your GAME FACE ON every morning will bring nothing but success for you.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you went back to school to get your bachelors, especially when you're a nurse. No matter what life throws at you, just keep moving forward. Even though you are embarrassed about asking your parents for financial help, just know they are always there for you.
ReplyDeleteYour story was amazing. I understand how you wanted more out of life.
ReplyDelete